Tips and Tricks
Click through below, to browse the @chicostatestudyabroad Instagram!
Tips for starting your adventure!
1. Bring outlets that are compatible with where you are traveling.
2.Bring printed photos of friends and family to make you feel more at home
3. Bring travel shampoo and conditioner, and purchase larger bottles when you arrive
4.Bring a reusable water bottle
5.Contact your phone provider before and be sure you are clear with your plan and what you will be charged
6. Go to your bank and get an exchange of currency for where you will be traveling (at least enough for a couple days of living)
7. Pack portable chargers!
8. Bring a couple of notebooks/pens and pencils for school supplies
9.Buy a simple travel lock for luggage and exploring safely when abroad
Tips for when you've arrived in your new home!
1. Wait a little while before you start to travel, get comfortable with your new roommates, and living situation.
2. If you're traveling in Europe, get the "Go Euro" app, where you can search train, plane, and bus tickets very quickly
3. Don't let being tired keep you from exploring
4.Research numbers of local taxi services and save them to your phone for safe last minute travel needs
5. See if there are student discounts for metro passes/tickets
6. Keep your currency safe in a hidden place
7. Learn the names of the streets you're living around so that you become familiar and comfortable
Below you can look up means of travel to any destination in the world!
Compare, Discover, and buy flights below!